- Her unique introduction to the field and how she continues to mentor and employ SLP-As
- Her perspective on her successful collaboration with her business partners
- Her advice to pursue alternative avenues of clientele when private pay is difficult to come by
- Jena’s perspective on business principles that have improved her life
- Her heartfelt appreciation for her SLP-D program that has helped her evolve as a professional
Guest: Elizabeth Morrison, SLP
Elizabeth received her Master of Science degree in Clinical Speech-Language Pathology from Northern Arizona University in 2002. Elizabeth is currently a Doctor of Speech-Language Pathology candidate at Northwestern University. In her career, Elizabeth has worked as the Northern Arizona Regional Trainer for the Assistive Technology Training Project at Southwest Human Development and Northern Arizona University through a grant from the Arizona Department of Education. Elizabeth currently provides speech-language pathology services to individuals of all ages and abilities in home health and school-based settings.
Host: Jena Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in theSLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
THis episode is sponsored by
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!