Here’s What We Discuss:
- Her favorite aspect of private practice that allows her to achieve a strong work-life balance
- Her proven approach to grouping children in pragmatic language groups
- Her journey to specializing in one of her niches, from reading an educational book to presenting at ASHA
- Her heartfelt advice for new practitioners
ALEXANDRIA ZACHOS, MS, CCC-SLP/L
Alexandria holds a certificate of clinical competence (CCC) and is accredited by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA). She holds a Type 73 Public School Service Personnel Certificate in the state of Illinois. She has attended several professional seminars featuring Michelle Garcia Winner’s Social Thinking strategies and incorporates Winner’s work into pragmatic therapy sessions and groups. Alexandria has a special interest in social communication and helping both children and adults navigate the social world.
In both November 2017 and 2018 Alexandria presented at the American Speech-Language Hearing (ASHA) Convention in Los Angeles, CA and Boston, MA on Natural Language Acquisition and delayed echolalia. She is passionate about educating others on gestalt language processors and how to treat delayed echolalia.
Alexandria is also a fluent Greek speaker and is available to provide therapy and evaluations in Greek. She has completed several bilingual Greek-English evaluations for many Chicagoland school districts.
In her free time she enjoys reading and going on adventures with her husband and two daughters.
Alexandria’s specialized training includes:
- Natural Language Acquisition In Autism: Echolalia To Self-Generated Language
- Michelle Garcia Winner’s Social Thinking Program
- Visualizing and Verbalizing Program by Nancy Bell
- Greenspan Floortime approach
- Using the SCERTS to Identify Evidence-Based Practices for Children with Autism
- Person -Centered Assessment and Treatment for Adults Who Stutter
- Language Sample Analysis: Guiding Treatment For Gestalt Language Processors With and Without Autism
American Speech-Language Hearing Association Convention, Boston 2018
- Echolalia and Gestalt Language Processing in Children: It’s Not Just About Autism
American Speech-Language Hearing Association Convention, Los Angeles 2017
Her practice: Social Butterfly Inc.
Jena Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.