Amanda Townsend, SLP was predominantly working in the school system when she decided to pursue private practice. Her specialties include pediatric speech sound disorders and language. She actively pursues an energetic and systematic approach to all aspects of the profession.
Here’s What We Discuss:
- Her comprehensive approach to involving parents in every step of the process
- How her straightforward manner, from her website to her first conversation, helps her attract potential clients
- Her compelling reasoning for only accepting private pay
- How the book Profit First revolutionized her approach to growing her business
- The importance of applying a “cost-benefit ratio” to outsourcing work
- Her belief in the need for a positive mindset to meet the challenges ahead
When I’m not helping your little ones with their speech and communication skills you can find me at home with my boys, my handsome hubby Pete and my rescue pup Shadow, snuggled up on the couch with a good show.Today I spend my days educating my clients AND their families. My mission is twofold – I want to provide all kids with the tools they need to be effective and confident communicators and I want to educate and empower all parents to understand speech and language and provide a safe place full of resources.
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).You’ll find her online in the
SLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
This episode was brought to you by my premium program The Start Your Private Practice System.
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!