Here’s What We Cover:
- The value she has found in her unique personal experience as well as continuing education
- How she balances her thriving practice with a growing number of responsibilities
- The reasons she recommends having an office within your own home
- Her innovative ideas to expand her practice
- Her best advice for practitioners who are nervous about starting out
Lori Melnitsky, MA CCC-SLP, knew she wanted to work with children, teens and adults, in part because she herself overcame a severe stuttering disorder and is also the proud parent of two wonderful daughters, one with dyslexia and ADHD and the other who stuttered as a preschooler but stopped with intervention.
With over 20 years of direct experience Lori’s practice specializes in stuttering/fluency therapy for all ages and also customizes therapy programs for those with learning and literacy challenges.
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in theSLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!