- How investing time and money into her private practice website has paid off
- How to ask for testimonials
- Whether she’s a generalist or a specialist… and why
- Sarah’s recommendations of how and when to get credentialed with insurance companies, as well as the hidden benefit of being an insurance provider
- How Sarah worked her way up in the fifth page of Google to the first
Guest: Sarah Lockhart, CCC-SLP
When Sarah and her husband moved to a new city, she had to get up and running with virtually no connections. Throughout the interview, Sarah gives candid advice on where to spend time and money in order to increase referrals and income quickly. She also discusses how to ride the waves of “feast or famine” and how to problem solve quickly and course correct when needed.
Host: Jena Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in theSLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
This episode is sponsored by:
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!