What we discuss:
- Her low-cost effective marketing strategies
- How she has initiated and maintained her multiple streams of income
- Her theory that speech-language pathologists should be able to shadow other clinicians, just as physicians learn from watching one another
- The success she has found from choosing an office in an optimal location
- How she maximizes her relationships with other clinicians and health professionals in her area
- How she appeals to the clientele she prefers to work with through the use of branding
Guest: Autumn Bryant, CCC-SLP
Autumn Bryant is a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) from Chicago, Illinois. She holds both a Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Autumn earned a second Master’s degree from Northwestern University, where she now also holds a staff position in the Department of Linguistics. Autumn also maintains a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
Host: Jena Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in theSLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
this episode is sponsored by:
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!