What we discuss:
- Her business mission, which reflects who she hires and how they connect with clients
- Her leadership approach that has absolutely factored in to 100% employee retention
- Jena’s advice on goal-setting with respect to starting a private practice
- Her determination to continue to learn, including seeking resources and asking questions
- Jena’s perspective on entering private practice slowly and surely
Guest: Laura Powell, MS CCC-SLP
Since 2007, Laura Powell has dedicated her clinical skills to the treatment of orofacial myofunctional, articulation and voice disorders in patients of all ages. Her professional successes have granted her the opportunity to present at various events sponsored by dental associations, including the Columbia Dental Society, the Missouri Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the Dental Hygiene Study Club. She has also presented at the Missouri Speech-Language-Hearing Association Convention and Voice Symposiums.
Host: Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in the SLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
This episode is sponsored by: