- How she discovered her passion for speech-language pathology in lieu of other helping professions
- Her decision to pursue an ownership position within her first professional setting
- Her commitment to developing multiple streams of income for multiple life-enhancing reasons
- How another SLP helped her make her book publishing dream come true
- How she transitioned from being a university guest speaker to an adjunct lecturer
Guest: Susannah Silvia, CCC-SLP
Susannah has over 13 years of pediatric experience in a variety of communication disorders. Susannah uses varied visual and tactile cues such as sign language, LAMP program, and Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS) to make learning speech and language easier. Susannah is also trained in Talk Tools, Kaufman Speech Praxis System, myofunctional therapy and SOS feeding approach and has implemented techniques for treating children with sensory-motor feeding and articulation disorders.
Host: Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
this episode is sponsored by:
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!