- Lakeisha’s long-term, non-pushy strategy to become the “go to” private practitioner in her area
- How she moved from a generalist practice to a niche practice AND how she picked her area of specialization
- Why she “re-launched” her private practice
- Her revenue sources and what she recommends to those just getting started with insurance
- How she’s giving presentations at local daycares to build her practice
- How she’s identifying the needs of her clients and figuring out what kinds of services to offer (hint: it seems simple but is very clever!)
Guest: Lakeisha Fields, M.S CCC-SLP
Lakeisha established Magnolia Speaks Speech Therapy Center, PLLC in 2014 with the goal to provide elite, client-driven therapy. She prides herself in the ability to assist people with communication disorders in their natural environment for that is where we all want and need to thrive. Lakeisha has specific experience providing services to the pediatric and school aged populations with Autism, Articulation, Fluency, and Language Disorders. She has provided cognitive therapy to the geriatric population in Skilled Nursing and Acute Care Outpatient Facilities. Lakeisha has participated and hosted multiple events to increase community involvement and advocacy for those with communication disorders and special needs.
Host: Jena Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in theSLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
this episode is sponsored by:
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!