- How she sets her private practice apart from school-provided therapy
- Her most successful referral sources to ensure future work for herself and her independent contractors
- Jena’s insight into the importance of a shared work culture
- Her unique delegation of responsibilities which has considerably improved her work-life balance
- Her belief in maintaining a broad network of therapists of multiple disciplines
Guest: Kristi Jackley, SLP
Kristi developed extensive experience as a school SLP though she often dreamed of starting her own multidisciplinary practice. She slowly built her practice from a few clients to a full-time business as of 2013. She currently contracts with 6 other clinicians. Her practice specializes in primarily pediatric services, with autism as a significant focus.
Host: Jena Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in theSLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
This Episode is Sponsored by:
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!