Here’s What We Discuss:
- How joining The Start Your Private Practice System led her to put her goals into motion
- Jena’s strong advocacy for multiple streams of income as a private practitioner
- Her discovery of a jaw-dropping waitlist that jumpstarted her new career
- How she is pursuing becoming an expert presenter in her community for all parents
- Her profound advice to other SLPs who hesitate to leave their jobs as employees
Guest: Emily Hussey, MS CCC-SLP
Eats and Speaks is located in Byron, Illinois and offers a variety of in-home and community-based services for the pediatric population. Emily Hussey, founder of Eats + Speaks is a licensed Speech Language Pathologist and a Certified Epidemic Answers Health Coach. She works both one-on-one, in group settings, and in professional engagements to empower parents, families, and communities in their efforts toward healthier lifestyles.
You can also find Emily on Instagram @EatsAndSpeaksLLC
Host: Jena Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in theSLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
Episode Sponsored By:
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE Roadmap that will make the steps of starting a private practice MUCH more manageable!