- Her insider’s point of view of the developing field of telepractice
- Her process to finding new clients with a recommendation to consider delegating tasks as needed
- The art of new navigating business relationships and licensure rules
- Exciting developments regarding her new teletherapy platform
- Her best recommendation for new practitioners
Guest: McKell Smith, CCC-SLP
McKell envisioned starting her private practice when she was in college, but never suspected that it would occur so early in her career. She currently manages a large office employing several therapists. Together they provide services mostly through telepractice with a small percent of clients seen in-house.
Host: Jena Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in the SLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
this episode is sponsored by:
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!