Lauren discovered a love of speech-language pathology while working as a secretary at a private clinic. In addition to working in the public schools, she continues to work for that same clinic as a PRN SLP while she pursues clients in her own office space. She credits the Start Your Private Practice course as a helpful and motivational method to help her pursue success.
What we discussed in this episode;
- How her background prepared her in unexpected ways for a career as a private practitioner
- Her methods for maneuvering through the insurance “waiting game”
- The fortuitous networking that led to finding an office space in a welcoming community
- Her willingness to delegate work as she grows her business
- How she prioritizes maintaining a positive relationship with referral sources
Host: Jena Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in theSLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE Roadmap that will make the steps of starting a private practice MUCH more manageable!