- Her belief in the importance of building a community of like-minded colleagues
- The moment she realized she needed to prioritize her need for work-life balance over the desire for clients
- Her unique resources for finding new clients
- Jena’s perspective on the scarcity of SLP private practices
- Her reassurance that being credentialed with insurance is not an insurmountable obstacle
Guest: Carmen Glascow Carmen is a certified speech-language pathologist who has been working with children and their families for the past nine years. Every session Carmen asks their families; How have things been for you since our last session and what challenges do you want to work on today? Her goal is to work on practical skills that will positively impact daily interactions with your child.
Host: Jena Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in theSLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
The Episode is Sponsored By:
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!