Here’s What We Cover:
- How she overcame the obstacles of a difficult work environment
- How her positive relationships with her clients impacted her decision to start her private practice
- The value of being open to opportunities and having the bravery to take the risk
- Her passion to specialize in therapy for the hard of hearing and clients with apraxia
- Her advice for those who are just beginning and continually growing their practice
Erin Gaul, MS CCC-SLP earned her Bachelors in Sociology/Deaf Studies at Rosemont College and her Masters in Speech-Language Pathology from Gallaudet University where she concentrated in aural (re)habilitation for deaf/hard-of-hearing populations. While attending Gallaudet, she served as President for the National Student Speech-Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA) and authored an article based on her experience in grad school called, “What we signed up for” for NSSLHA in the Loop Magazine. Erin was a presenter on speech reading at the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) Annual Conference in Chicago, IL.
While Erin is a multi-faceted SLP, treating an array of populations, her primary areas of focus include aural (re)habilitation for Deaf/HOH children and Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS).
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in theSLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!