- Her philosophy about delegation following the expansion of her practice
- How she stepped out of her comfort zone and pursued continuing education to serve new clients
- Jena’s encouragement to cultivate one’s skillset
- Her consideration of her employees to help them achieve work-life balance
- Her plans to continue to promote her practice and increase her impact on her community
Guest: Ebony Green, SLP
Ebony Green, M.S., CCC-SLP received her Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies from The University of Texas at Austin. She then joined a highly selective national teacher corps known as Teach for America and committed four years to teaching in underserved communities. During her time in the classroom, Ebony taught bilingual elementary school students for two years and then taught Spanish at the high school level for two years.
Host: Jena Castro-Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
You’ll find her online in theSLP Private Practice Beginners Facebook Group and in her premium programs, The Start Your Private Practice System and the Grow Your Private Practice Coaching Program.
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
This Episode is sponsored by:
If you’ve been thinking starting a private practice full-time or “on the side” I encourage you to sign up for my FREE TRAINING. I’ll make sure you know everything more in a free 60 minute presentation than you ever learned in grad school!